Funding Portfolio and Sponsors

Extramural funding accounts for about 83% of the total departmental budget; the remaining 17% comes from general revenue funds. Our portfolio consists of: 20% NIH funding, 59% Other Federal funding, 14% State Evaluation Funding, and 7% Foundation funding.

 

Our work has been generously supported over the years by a number of grants and contracts with various state and federal agencies and foundations. These funding agencies include:
  • Agency for Healthcare Administration
  • Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
  • Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
  • Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
  • Florida Children’s Medical Services
  • Florida Department of Health
  • Florida Developmental Disabilities Council
  • Florida Healthy Kids Corporation
  • Health Resources and Services Administration
  • Maternal and Child Health Bureau
  • National Cancer Institute
  • National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
  • National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
  • National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research
  • National Institute for Disability and Rehabilitation Research
  • National Institute on Drug Abuse
  • National Institute of Health
  • National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
  • National Institute of Mental Health
  • National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
  • Oregon Research Institute
  • Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
  • Temple University
  • Texas Health and Human Services Commission
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • U.S. Department of Defense
  • U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
  • U.S. Health Resources and Service Administration
  • VA Health Services Research & Development Service
  • VA Rehabilitation Research & Development Service