Faculty, Institute for Child Health Policy
University of Florida
1329 SW 16th Street, Room 5175
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- PhD, The Ohio State University
- MSPH, The Ohio State University
Dr. Yi Guo, MSPH, PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy in the College of Medicine at University of Florida. His current research is focused on eliminating health disparities, studying behavioral health issues and the environmental and social determinants of health in low-income populations.
Dr. Guo has extensive experience collaborating with social and behavioral scientists, health professionals, and health policy experts on the design, coordination, and analysis of community-based research projects on health behavior. He has strong study design, data collection, and analytical skills in quantitative and qualitative research, including large and small-scale surveys, multivariable and multivariate regression modeling, as applied in multilevel and longitudinal settings.
Social epidemiology, community intervention trials, racial/ethnic disparities, design and analysis of health outcomes research, sample size estimation for multilevel and longitudinal data
- Research Team Finds Better Communication is Key to Overall Oral Health
- Dr. Yi Guo’s Tutorial Paper Labeled “Highly Accessed” on the BMC Medical Research Methodology Website!
- Dr. Yi Guo Published Tutorial Paper on How to Select a Sample Size for Studies with Repeated Measures in BMC Medical Research Methodology
- Newell SM, Logan HL, Guo Y, Marks JG, Shepperd JA. Evaluating Tablet Computers as a Survey Tool in Rural Communities. Journal of Rural Health. 2014. [Epub ahead of print] [Link to article]
- Guo Y* (Corresponding), Logan HL, Dodd VJ, Muller KE, Marks JG, Riley JL, 3rd. Health literacy: A pathway to better oral health. American Journal of Public Health. 2014;104(7):e85−e91. [Link to article]
- Logan HL, Guo Y, Dodd VJ, Seleski CS, Catalanotto F. Demographic and practice characteristics of Medicaid participating dentists. Journal of Public Health Dentistry. 2014;74(2):139−146 [Link to article]
- Guo Y* (Corresponding), Pennell ML, Fernandez S, Pearl DK, Knobloch TJ, Weghorst CM. The Choice of Reference Gene Affects Statistical Efficiency in Quantitative PCR Data Analysis. BioTechniques. 2013;55(4):207−209. [Link to article]
- Logan HL, Guo Y, Dodd VJ, Muller KE, Riley JL, 3rd. The burden of chronic diseases in a rural North Florida sample. BMC Public Health. 2013;13(1):906. [Link to article]
- Guo Y* (Corresponding), Logan HL, Glueck DH, Muller KE. Selecting a sample size for studies with repeated measures. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2013;13:100. [Link to article]
- Yuan C, Guo Y, Zhu L, Guo W, Mahajan A, Weghorst CM, Li J. The study of pH-dependent stability shows that TPLH-mediated hydrogen-bonding network is important for the conformation and stability of human gankyrin. Biochemistry. 2013;52(28):4848−4857.
- Logan HL, Shepperd JA, Pomery EA, Guo Y, Muller KE, Dodd VJ, and Riley JL, 3rd. Increasing Screening Intentions for Oral and Pharyngeal Cancer. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 2013;46(1):96-106. [Link to article}
- Riley JL, 3rd, Pomery EA, Dodd VJ, Muller KE, Guo Y, and Logan HL. Disparities in knowledge of mouth or throat cancer among rural Floridians. Journal of Rural Health 2013;29(3):294-303. [Link to article]
- Guo Y, McGorray SP, Riggs CE, and Logan HL. Racial disparity in oral and pharyngeal cancer in Florida 1991–2008: mixed trends in stage of diagnosis. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2013;41(2):110-119. [Link to article]
- McGorray SP, Guo Y, Logan HL. Trends in incidence of oral and pharyngeal carcinoma in Florida, 1981-2008. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 2012;72(1):68-74. [Link to article]
- Riley JL, 3rd, Dodd VJ, Muller KE, Guo Y, Logan HL. Psychosocial factors associated with mouth or throat exams in rural Florida. American Journal of Public Health 2012;102(2):e7-e14. [Link to article]