Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Suite 2237
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- Ph.D., Epidemiology, University of Florida
- M.S., Environmental Engineering, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- B.S., Biology, Florida State University
Chris Delcher is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy at the University of Florida. His current projects include evaluating prescription drug monitoring programs and the role in reducing prescription drug abuse, identifying and characterizing Medicaid superutilizers and the prescription drug related outcomes associated with multiple provider episodes, and implementing and evaluating surveillance systems in high and low resource environments.
- HOP Faculty Member Presents at National PDMP Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- HOP Faculty to Work with Medical Students in Research Program
- Delcher Selected to Present on Florida’s Prescription Drug Epidemic Trends at the Annual RX Drug Abuse and Heroin Summit
- Researchers Receive Funding to Help Evaluate Florida’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Health Outcomes and Policy Professors Collaborate on Creation of Annual Report for the Florida Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Three Pediatric Workgroup Projects Funded
- Department Recruits Two Undergraduate Research Assistants
- Oxycodone overdose deaths drop 25 percent after launch of Florida’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Researchers receive funding to help evaluate Florida’s prescription drug monitoring program
- Peterson A.B., Gladden R.M., Delcher C., Spies E., Garcia-Williams A., Wang Y., Halpin J., Zibbell J., McCarty C.L., DeFiore-Hyrmer J., DiOrio M., Goldberger B.A. (2016) Increases in Fentanyl-Related Overdose Deaths — Florida and Ohio, 2013-2015. US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016 Aug 26;65(33):844-9. doi: 10.15585/mmwr.mm6533a3.
- Yang C., Delcher C., Shenkman E.A., and Ranka S. (2016) Predicting 30-Day All-Cause Readmissions from Hospital Inpatient Discharge Data. International Conference on E-health Networking, Application & Services (HealthCom) (accepted)
- Lee D, Delcher C, Maldonado-Molina MM, Thogmartin JR, Goldberger BA. Manners of Death in Drug-Related Fatalities in Florida. Journal of Forensic Sciences. March 2016:n/a-n/a. doi:10.1111/1556-4029.12999.
- Hogan W., Hanna J., Hicks A., Amirova S., Bramblett B., Diller M., Enderez R., Modzelewski T., Vasconcelos M. and Delcher C. (2016) Therapeutic Indications and Other Use-case-driven Updates in the Drug Ontology Anti-malarials, Anti-hypertensives, Opioid Analgesics, and a Large Term Request. Vaccine and Drug Ontology Studies (accepted)
- Delcher C., Wang Y., Wagenaar A.C., Goldberger B.A., Cook R.L., Maldonado-Molina M.M. (2016) Prescription and Illicit Opioid Deaths and the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program in Florida. American Journal of Public Health doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2016.303104
- Delcher, C., Puttkammer, N., Arnoux, R., Francois, K., Griswold M., Zaidi, I., Marston B.J. (2016). Validating Procedures used to Identify Duplicate Reports to Haiti’s National HIV/AIDS Case Surveillance System, Journal of Registry Management PMID: 27195993
- Delcher C, Wagenaar AC, Goldberger BA, Cook RL, Maldonado-Molina MM. Abrupt decline in oxycodone-caused mortality after implementation of Florida’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program. (2015) Drug Alcohol and Dependence. doi:10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2015.02.010.
- Lee D., Delcher C., Maldonado-Molina M.M., Bazydlo L.A.L, Thogmartin J.R., Goldberger B.A.. (2014). Trends in licit and illicit drug-related deaths in Florida from 2001 to 2012. Forensic Science International. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2014.10.024.
- Delcher, C., Wang, Y., & Maldonado-Molina, M.M. (2013). Trends in financial barriers to medical care for women veterans, 2003–2004 and 2009–2010. Prev Chronic Dis; 10:130071
- Delcher, C., Johnson, R., & Maldonado-Molina, M.M. (2013). Driving after drinking among young adults of different race/ethnicities in the United States: unique risk factors in early adolescence? Journal of Adolescent Health, 52(5): 584-591
- Noel E., Esperance, M., McLaughlin, M., Bertrand, R., Devieux J., Severe, P., Marcelin, A., Nicotera, J., Delcher, C., Griswold, M., Meredith, G., Pape J.W., Koenig, S. (2013). Attrition from HIV testing to antiretroviral therapy initiation among patients newly diagnosed with HIV in Haiti. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 62(3):e61-e69
- Maldonado-Molina, M.M. and Delcher, C. (2012). Commentary on Caetano, Mills, and Vaeth (2012): the role of context on alcohol consumption among Mexican Americans. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research, 36: 566–567
- Delcher C., Wang Y. (2012). Re: “Longitudinal health study of US 1991 Gulf War veterans: changes in health status at 10-year follow-up”. American Journal of Epidemiology, 175 (5), 473-473
- Delcher, C., Maldonado-Molina, M. M., & Wagenaar, A. C. (2012). Effects of alcohol taxes on alcohol-related disease mortality in New York State from 1969 to 2006. Addictive Behaviors, 37(7): 783-789
- Delcher C., Meredith, G., Griswold, M., Roussel, B., Duval, N., Louissaint, E., & Joseph, P. (2012). Lost to follow-up but perhaps not lost in the health system. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes, 61(5): e75-e77.
- Maldonado-Molina, M.M., Reingle, J.M., Delcher, C., and Branchini, J. (2011). The role of parental alcohol consumption on driving under the influence of alcohol: results from a longitudinal, nationally representative sample. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 43, 2182-2187
- Stover, J.A., Kheirallah, K.A., Delcher, C., Dolan, C.B., & Johnson, L.S. (2009). Improving surveillance of sexually transmitted diseases through geocoded morbidity assignment. Public Health Reports, 124(Suppl 2), 65
- Bissette, J. M., Stover, J. A., Newman, L. M., Delcher, C., Bernstein, K. T., & Matthews, L. (2009). Assessment of geographic information systems and data confidentiality guidelines in STD programs. Public Health Reports, 124(Suppl 2), 58
- Dolan, C., & Delcher, C. (2008). Monitoring health inequities and planning in Virginia: poverty, human immunodeficiency virus, and sexually transmitted infections. Sexually Transmitted Diseases, 35(12), 981-984
- Delcher, C., Edwards, K. T., Stover, J.A., Newman, L.M., Groseclose, S.L., & Rajnik, D.M. (2008). Data suppression strategies used during surveillance data release by sexually transmitted disease prevention programs. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 14(2), E1-E8
- Dechler, C (Principal Investigator), Goldberger B.A. (Co-PI), Reisfield G., Bian, J., Shenkman, E.A. Data-Driven Responses to Prescription Drug Abuse. Bureau of Justice Assistance, Department of Justice. Award amount: $600,000.
- Delcher, C (Principal Investigator). Enhancing Data Analysis for Haiti’s HIV/AIDS Surveillance System. National Alliance for State and Territorial AIDS Directors. Award amount: $51,000
- Delcher, C (Principal Investigator), Betsy Shenkman, Sanjay Ranka. New Collaboration to Increase the Development of Computable Phenotypes for Improving Health Outcomes. University of Florida Informatics Institute. Award amount: $50,000.
- Delcher, C (Principal Investigator), Betsy Shenkman. Characterizing Populations with Severe Mental Illness. Texas Department of State Health Services. Award amount: $5,000.
- Delcher, C (Principal Investigator), Maldonado-Molina M,Estrella R , Hall J. Geographic Distribution of Premature Births in Florida, 2015.
- Delcher, C (Co-Principal Investigator), Goldberger, BA. Seizing the momentum: a Multidisciplinary Approach to Reducing Prescription Drug Abuse in Florida, 2015-2016. Bureau of Justice Assistance. Award amount: $400,000.
- GMS 6822: Measuring and Analyzing Health Outcomes (Spring 2015)
- GMS 6844: Experimental and Quasi-experimental Research Designs for Community Settings (Spring 2016 and Spring 2017)