Ph.D. Application Instructions
International applicants: Make sure to read all of the information for Prospective International Students on the Office of Admissions website.
(1) Complete and submit the online application to the UF Graduate School.
Under the Academic Program Information section:
— Degree Goal = “PhD”
— Program of study = “Medical Sciences — Health Outcomes and Policy:”
Statement of Purpose:
Describe your career goals and how a Ph.D. in Medical Sciences with a concentration in Health Outcomes and Policy is important to achieving those goals.
College Information and Activities section:
Under the “Resume/Other (Optional)” section:
Use the “Upload Resume” button to upload a CV/resume.
Use the “Upload Other” button to upload a single Cover Letter document (3 page maximum) that includes:
- a brief overview of your background
- a description of your prior research experience with a focus on your most significant experiences
- your current status (e.g., whether you are currently an undergraduate who is graduating this year, a medical student, resident physician, fellow, graduate student in another program, faculty, etc.)
- your reasons for applying to the program
(2) Submit three letters of recommendation using the UF Graduate School Online Recommendation Requests within the Graduate School online application system. Requests for letters of recommendation from UF faculty and staff should be accompanied by the UF Release for Letter of Recommendation form.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include at least one letter from a research mentor.
(3) Submit the UF application fee payment following the instructions provided by the UF Office of Admissions.
(4) Arrange to have official test scores (GRE, MCAT, IELTS, MELAB, TOEFL) sent to the UF Office of Admissions following the instructions provided by the Office of Admissions.
(5) Arrange to have official transcripts for prior degree programs sent to the UF Office of Admissions following the instructions provided by the Office of Admissions.
International Applicants: If the language of instructions at the institutions you attended was not English, you must also provide an official literal (exact) English translation of your native language transcripts.
(6) Notify us that you have submitted your application by e-mailing HOP-Education@ad.ufl.edu with the subject “Ph.D. Application Submitted.”
For questions and other information, contact: HOP-Education@ad.ufl.edu