Lossio-Ventura, Juan Antonio
Biomedical Informatics Program, Department of Health Outcomes & Policy
Phone: (352) 294-8429
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Room 2253-6
PO Box 100219
Gainesville, FL 32601-0219
- Ph.D., Computer Sciences, LIRMM – University of Montpellier, France
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Lyon – INSA Lyon, France
- M.S., Business Intelligence and Statistics, University Lyon 2, France
- Engr., Engineering degree in Computer Science, National University of San Marcos, Peru.
Dr. Juan Antonio Lossio-Ventura is a postdoctoral associate in the biomedical domain collaborating with Jiang Bian. Dr. Lossio-Ventura comes to the Department of Health Outcomes & Policy from the University of Montpellier – LIRMM, France, where he received his Ph.D., under the supervision of Mathieu Roche, Clement Jonquet, and Maguelonne Teisseire. During his Ph.D., he was involved in the SIFR Project (http://www.lirmm.fr/sifr/), which has for objective to investigate the scientific and technical challenges in building ontology-based services. The project addresses the issues related to the processing of French biomedical data in collaboration with NCBO (Stanford University).
He also did a research visit at the University of Manchester – NaCTeM, United Kingdom, under the supervision of Sophia Ananiadou.
He is interested on the diffusion of areas such as Big Data, NLP, Data Mining and Semantic Web, through scientific events. Lossio-Ventura is the general chair of SIMBig 2016 (http://simbig.org/SIMBig2016/), was the general chair of SIMBig 2015 (http://simbig.org/SIMBig2015/), and SIMBig 2014 (http://www.lirmm.fr/simbig2014/), He has been part of the organizing committee of NLDB 2014 (http://www.lirmm.fr/nldb2014/) and he helped the local chairs in the organization of ESWC 2013 (http://2013.eswc-conferences.org/).
- Natural Language Processing
- Biomedical Text Mining
- Data Mining
- Biomedical Ontologies
- Semantic Web
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Hacid, H., Roche, M., and Poncelet, P. Communication Overload Management Through Social Interactions Clustering. In Proceedings of the 31st ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing – (SAC’2016). Pisa, Italy, 2016, ACM, pp. 1166-1169.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Jonquet, C., Roche, M., and Teisseire, M. A Way to Automatically Enrich Biomedical Ontologies. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Extending Database Technology – Posters – (EDBT’2016). Bordeaux, France, 2016, ACM, pp. 676-677.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Jonquet, C., Roche, M., and Teisseire, M. Automatic Biomedical Term Polysemy Detection. In Proceedings of the 10th International Language Resources and Evaluation Conference – (LREC’2016). Portoroz, Slovenia, 2016, pp. 1684-1688.
- Roche, M., Fortuno, S., Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Akli, A., Belkebir, S., Lounis, T., and Toure, S. Extraction automatique des mots-clés à partir de publications scientifiques pour l’indexation et l’ouverture des données en agronomie. Cahiers Agricultures, vol. 24, 5, Septembre-Octobre 2015. pp. 313-320.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., and Alatrista-Salas, H., Editors. Proceedings of the 2nd Annual International Symposium on Information Management and Big Data – (SIMBig 2015), Cusco, Peru, September 2-4, 2015, volume 1478 of CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR-WS.org, 2015.