Lossio-Ventura, Juan Antonio
Biomedical Informatics Program, Department of Health Outcomes & Policy
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Room 2253-6
PO Box 100219
Gainesville, FL 32601-0219
- Ph.D., Computer Sciences, LIRMM – University of Montpellier, France
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Lyon – INSA Lyon, France
- M.S., Business Intelligence and Statistics, University Lyon 2, France
- Engr., Engineering degree in Computer Science, National University of San Marcos, Peru.
Dr. Juan Antonio Lossio-Ventura is a postdoctoral associate in the biomedical domain collaborating with Dr. Jiang Bian. Dr. Lossio-Ventura comes to the Department of Health Outcomes & Policy from the University of Montpellier – LIRMM, France, where he received his Ph.D., under the supervision of Mathieu Roche, Clement Jonquet, and Maguelonne Teisseire. During his Ph.D., he was involved in the SIFR Project, which has for objective to investigate the scientific and technical challenges in building ontology-based services. The project addresses the issues related to the processing of French biomedical data in collaboration with NCBO (Stanford University).
He also did a research visit at the University of Manchester – NaCTeM, United Kingdom, under the supervision of Sophia Ananiadou.
He is interested on the diffusion of areas such as Big Data, NLP, Data Mining and Semantic Web, through scientific events. Lossio-Ventura is the general chair of SIMBig 2017, SIMBig 2016, SIMBig 2015, and SIMBig 2014. He also has been part of the organizing committee of NLDB 2014, and he helped the local chairs in the organization of ESWC 2013.
- Data Science
- Natural Language Processing
- Biomedical Text Mining
- Data Mining
- Biomedical Ontologies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., and Alatrista-Salas, H. (2017) Editors. Information Management and Big Data: Second Annual International Symposium, SIMBig 2015, Cusco, Peru, September 2-4, 2015, and Third Annual International Symposium, SIMBig 2016, Cusco, Peru, September 1-3, 2016, Revised Selected Papers. Vol. 656. Springer, 2017.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Hogan, W., Modave, F., Hicks, A., Hanna, J., Guo, Y., He, Z., Bian, J. (2016) Towards an obesity-cancer knowledge base: Biomedical entity identification and relation detection. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine – (BIBM’16). Shenzhen, China, 2016, IEE, pp. 1081-1088.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Jonquet, C., Roche, M., and Teisseire, M. (2016) Biomedical term extraction: overview and a new methodology. Information Retrieval Journal, Springer Netherlands, vol. 19(1): pp 55-99.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Hacid, H., Roche, M., and Poncelet, P. (2016) Communication Overload Management Through Social Interactions Clustering. In Proceedings of the 31st ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing – (SAC’2016). Pisa, Italy, 2016, ACM, pp. 1166-1169.
- Lossio-Ventura, J. A., Jonquet, C., Roche, M., and Teisseire, M. (2016) A Way to Automatically Enrich Biomedical Ontologies. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Extending Database Technology – Posters – (EDBT’2016). Bordeaux, France, 2016, ACM, pp. 676-677.
- GMS 6803: Data Science for Clinical Research
- Advanced Web Programming – PHP
- Web Development – PHP
- Data Mining
- Databases and Information Systems
- NoSQL Databases
- Algorithmic and Programmation
- Database Administration, ORACLE 11g