Phone: (352) 294-5970
Fax: (352) 294-5994
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Suite 2240
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- VA Information:
- VA Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center
Malcom Randall VA Medical Center
1601 SW Archer Road, Room 151B
Gainesville, FL 32608
VA Phone#: (352) 376-1611 ext. 5242
Fax: (352) 271-4540
- B.S.B.A., University of Florida, Economics
- M.A., University of Florida, Economics
- M.Phil., George Washington University, Economics
- Ph.D., George Washington University, Economics
Dr. Vogel is an economist by training, and has extensive experience in a wide variety of health services research. His current research involves health policy issues related to children’s health care, rehabilitation, and health insurance. He presently is an Associate Professor in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida, where he also serves as Director of the Division of Health Policy Research. In addition, he serves as a Research Health Scientist at the VA Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Center, where he is also Director of the Methodology Core. His research has appeared in Medical Care, Health Services Research, Health Care Financing Review, Journal of Gerontology, Advances in Health Economics and Health Services Research, and other scholarly publications. He has twice received the University of Florida’s Outstanding Productivity Award and has been named Teacher of the Year in the MBA Program at UF’s College of Business.
- HOP Student to Present Poster at ADA Meeting
- Three Pediatric Workgroup Projects Funded
- New Medicaid policy increases the rate of children receiving vital oral health care in Texas and Florida
- Mentee Receives NIMH Fellowship
Health care costs, rehabilitation outcomes, program evaluation, applied statistical methods in health services research.
Craig B.M., Gilbert S., Herndon J.B., Vogel W.B., Quinn G.P. 2010. Participation of Older Patients with Prostate Cancer in Medicare Eligible Trials. Journal of Urology 184(3):901-906.
Vogel B., Gilbert S.M., Herndon J.B., Dahm, P. Advanced Topics in Evidence Based Urological Oncology: Economic Analysis. Urologic Oncology [in press].
Stineman M., Kurichi J., Kwong P., Maislin G., Reker D., Vogel B., Prvu-Bettger J., Bidelspach D., Bates B., (2009)Survival analysis in amputees based on physical independence grade achievement. Archives of Surgery,144(6):543-551
- Do Amputees Benefit from Comprehensive Rehabilitation Service
- Cost-Effectiveness of Alternative Stroke Rehabilitation Settings in the VA
- Identifying Potential Demand for Rehabilitation Services Among Returning Veterans