Phone: (352) 294-4997
Clinical and Translational Research Building
2004 Mowry Road, Suite 2243
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- Ph.D., Economics, Wayne State University
- M.A., Economics, University of South Florida
- M.B.A., Business Administration, University of South Florida
- B.S., Management Information Systems, University of South Florida
Dr. Ramzi Salloum is an assistant professor in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy and in the Institute for Child Health Policy at the University of Florida, and a member of the UF Health Cancer Center. He is a health services researcher whose work has consistently focused on understanding individual choice across the cancer prevention and control continuum, including prevention, screening, and treatment. His research considers the influence of guidelines and incentives on the demand for health and healthcare across the cancer control continuum.
- Health economics
- Cancer control and prevention
- Tobacco control
- Health preference measurement
- HOP Researcher Says Study Documenting E-Cigarette Use Among Cancer Survivors Raises Concerns
- HOP Researcher Calls for Increased Research on Waterpipe in AJPH Commentary
- Two HOP Faculty Members Selected as NCI Cancer Fellows at Washington University in St. Louis
- Local Newspaper Features HOP Faculty
- New HOP Faculty Member Joins Cancer Research Network 2015 Scholar Cohort
- Larger and private colleges and universities more likely to attract hookah establishments
- Salloum RG, Asfar T, Maziak W. Toward a Regulatory Framework for the Waterpipe. American Journal of Public Health. 2016 Aug 23:e1-e5. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27552262.
- Carter-Harris L, Tan AS, Salloum RG, Young-Wolff KC. Patient-provider discussions about lung cancer screening pre- and post-guidelines: Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS). Patient Educ Couns. 2016 May 17. pii: S0738-3991(16)30212-9. doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2016.05.014. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27241830.
Islam F, Salloum RG, Nakkash R, Maziak W, Thrasher JF. “Effectiveness of health warnings for waterpipe tobacco smoking among college students.” International Journal of Public Health, in press.
Bullard JT, Eberth JM, Arrington AK, Adams SA, Cheng X, Salloum RG. “Timeliness of treatment initiation among non-small cell lung cancer patients in South Carolina.” Southern Medical Journal, in press.
- Bian J, Yoshigoe K, Hicks A, Yuan J, He Z, Xie M, Guo Y, Prosperi M, Salloum R, Modave F. “Mining Twitter to assess the public perception of the ‘Internet of Things’.” PLoS One, 2016 Jul 8. 11(7):e0158450.
- OneFlorida Cancer Control Alliance
- Waterpipe Tobacco Smoking among University Students: Testing Policy and Prevention Tools using a Discrete Choice Experiment
- A Preference-Based Decision Aid for Tobacco Prevention in Adolescent Primary Care
- 2016-2018 Fellow, NCI Mentored Training in Dissemination and Implementation Research (MT-DIRC)
- 2016-2017 Member, SRNT Global Health Network – Advisory Committee
- 2016-2017 Member, OneFlorida Cancer Control Alliance – Scientific Advisory Committee
- 2015-2017 Scholar, NCI Cancer Research Network (CRN) Scholars Program
- GMS 6851 – Health Outcomes Research, Program Evaluation, and Implementation Science