Assistant Research Scientist, Health Outcomes & Policy
Faculty, Institute for Child Health Policy
Phone: (352) 627-9074
2199 Mowry Road, Suite 186
PO Box 100177
Gainesville, FL 32610-0177
- Ph.D., Virginia Commonwealth University, Social and Behavioral Health
- Master of Science, Illinois State University, Child Life
- Bachelor of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, Major: Human Development and Family Resources, Minor: Spanish, Illinois State University
Dr. Morris serves as a faculty member in the Department of Health Outcomes and Policy and the Institute for Child Health Policy in the College of Medicine at the University of Florida. Dr. Morris’ areas of research include doctor-patient communication with a particular interest in collaborative goal setting among patients with chronic illnesses. Dr. Morris currently oversees the research components of the Children’s Medical Service Network program evaluation team, which examines the quality of care delivered to children with special health care needs.
- Morris Elected as APHA Governing Councilor for the Public Health Education and Health Promotion Section
The impact of collaborative goal setting on health outcomes for patients with type 2 diabetes, survey design and analysis, adolescents, and patients with chronic illnesses.
- Lafata, J. E., Morris, H. L., Dobie, E., Heisler, M., Werner, R. M., & Dumenci, L. (2013). Patient-reported use of collaborative goal setting and glycemic control among patients with diabetes. Patient education and counseling, 92(1), 94-99.
- Morris, H.L. (Principal Investigator). Development of a collaborative goal setting measure for patients with type 2 diabetes. Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality. 03/01/13-09/01/14; Award amount: $40,000.